Blockchain-based genomic ecosystem
Smart contract blockchain
Sergey Popov - Developer
The Zenome project is a decentralized blockchain-driven database of genomic information. This platform supports the possibility to manage your genomic data while maintaining privacy and ability to make a profit from selling access to different parts of the genome. It will establish equal conditions for drug development and for the progress of scientic and medical technologies.
Zenome aims at creating the personal genomics infrastructure, that would enable participants to:
- Upload genetic information and take control of it.
- Securely store own genetic information.
- Make profit by selling access to genetic data or part of it.
- Undergo genetic testing in exchange to the right to use genetic information.
- Get individual dietary recommendations or personal training program based on genetic makeup.
- Make use of other genetic services.
What Zenome wants to achieve is very interesting and may significantly improve the development of whole scientific medical field. However, they don't seem to put a great effort into selling this idea. Zenome wants to use blockchain as a database for our own DNA. The access to our genomic data can then be partially sold, depending on what part of it and for what use we are willing to give away. Unfortunately, the project don't seem to advertise their ICO well to find enough investors. The whitepapers are very detailed and describe the whole process of storing this genomic data on the blockchain.
User ReviewWrite review 0 reviews
You need to login to create review.